Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Clovers and Life

On one of my author bio's I said that I am very good at finding four leaf clovers. There's a secret to finding these rare pieces of nature and I'm going to share this with you.
When I was a little girl I thought that four leaf clovers were so rare that I would never find one and I never even tried. One day, my grandparents showed me some that they'd found and preserved in the pages of a thick book. They didn't find just one, but found several, even some with five and six leaves. Here, they showed me that what I thought was so rare, was actually possible. They told me that I could find them too and all I had to do was look. Because they told me I could do it, I started to believe it for myself.
I searched and searched with the perseverance of someone who believes that they're going to be successful. Of course, I found one. I found several. I even found some with five and six leaves. I did what I thought was impossible. Now, every time I see a four leaf clover, I try (some days it's easier than others) to remember that one of life's secrets is that you have to believe that you can do the impossible in order to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment