Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Never Give Up!

Once upon a time there was a dog. He loved to run. He loved to run so much that he would drop any living or dead animal he was playing with at the time to go on a run with me and my son. One afternoon I began one of our runs and noticed some pieces of colored glass or plastic laying in the road. This was something I was used to seeing all over city streets from leftover car accidents, but I couldn't understand what it was doing in the middle of a country road. What did it hit? I continued on my run with this question rolling around inside my head. After about five minutes of running I thought to check the dog. I didn't think of it at first because he was just as eager as ever to join me on a run. Sure enough, I spotted some blood on his back end. I took him back home and encouraged him to stay on his bed. I moved his food and water close to him and my son and I gave him extra love and attention. After a few stiff days, he was completely fine. (This dog weighed as much as a small adult or a supermodel, probably why he survived the incident) The moral of this story is that when you love doing something, you will continue to do it, and ignore any excuses such as getting hit by a car. Alphonse, we love you!

1 comment: